NXS 8.89% 24.5¢ next science limited

Ann: Half Year Financials 31 December 2013 , page-4

1. 187 Posts.
    Taipan,

As always, I appreciate your thoughful and informed analysis, and your willingness to see some potential glimmer of sunshine in this.
    I am well aware that the writedown of the DTA is just a book entry and is probably forced by the Auditors given the questions of ongoing viability, but my negativity is based on the overall "set-up nature" of this release - after market on the Friday before the week in which the company is meant to come back out of suspension ( I expect we will see an extension to the suspension until the "final BIG announcement" is made").
    My reaction is because in these accounts I see the Board have furnished the exuse for them to accept a low-ball takeover bid. At 9.45cps they can say "well its just the NAV", at 8.5cps they can say "well its a 10% discount to NAV but given the issues on cashflow and debt it's "fair and reasonable" we recommend it" - job done, no liability on us.

I see the announcement as a set-up for what is coming. I had hoped that the 10% stake that ACG & SDB have would have at leaset forced a bid of 12+cps - but now with this set-up announcemnt I fear they are willing to give it away at a much lower price.

I hope I am wrong and a half decent outcome can still be achieved, but I am now just preparing myself for thse size of my loss on this one and looking for opportunities on other things.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NXS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
24.5¢
Change
0.020(8.89%)
Mkt cap ! $67.08M
Open High Low Value Volume
22.5¢ 24.5¢ 22.5¢ $11.70K 50.68K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 50000 24.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
24.5¢ 60 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.21pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NXS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.