LAU 4.35% 88.0¢ lindsay australia limited

I agree 'Mr Market' is usually fast to recognise bad news, but...

1. 10,443 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1387
    I agree 'Mr Market' is usually fast to recognise bad news, but sometimes slow to accept good (or neutral) news.

We can surmise that 'he' has realised that the 20 day recent closure of the Trans Australian rail line that's the vital (and profitable for LAU) link to Perth will mean LAU has a higher cost base for the quarter.

But to put into perspective, LAU's road transport operations were not affected, and nor were its north-south (Melbourne-Brisbane) railable containers. The latter though is minimal compared to Melbourne/Sydney/Parkes to Perth.

You jest, but COL and WOW (plus I assume MTS' IGAs and Aldi) had ensured most if not all Easter eggs were delivered across the continent up to three months ago and stored. One of the two major chains had notices in Perth supermarkets stating it was products such as yoghurt and various other chilled lines (manufactured in the eastern states) that the chain had run out of.

DYOR is best and like most of us I cannot 'advise', but continue to believe LAU (despite occasional hiccups such as rail line closures or in Far North Queensland, cyclones wiping out tropical fruit crops) is a well run business with potential for careful expansion.

Apparently 98 per cent of road transport firms are 'mum and dad' tiny operations: when economic times turn down, some go broke. There's the possibility of consolidation in the next few years, so while unlisted Linfox and Toll are likely to remain some of the biggest players in domestic freight cartage, LAU will if management is sensible have more chances to gradually expand in ways accretive to we SH.
    Last edited by Hopeful9: 02/04/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LAU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
88.0¢
Change
-0.040(4.35%)
Mkt cap ! $274.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
92.0¢ 92.0¢ 88.0¢ $472.7K 525.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 5257 88.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
89.5¢ 50000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LAU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.