LAU 2.22% 92.0¢ lindsay australia limited

On this Sydney to Brisbane train, there's a sizeable number of...

1. 10,441 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1387
    On this Sydney to Brisbane train, there's a sizeable number of empty wagons.

This may be a combination of:

(a) more competition on the rails from AZJ's relatively infrequent, but slowly increasing, north-south (i.e. Melbourne-Sydney-Brisbane) intermodal trains
    (b) a declining in real terms or at best stagnant economy - look at FBU's disastrous slide in demand in Oz announced today
    (c) competition from road transport

LAU has seven railable containers being carried, not a huge number, as it's little more than one per cent of the close to 600 LAU has.

However for this particular train, it may be rail operator PN's biggest customer.

It's still way behind unlisted Linfox, but is probably ahead of similarly unlisted Austrans (the latter not a company I'd heard of, but seems to have more containers being carried by rail in the last couple of years than previously):

https://www.austrans.net.au/austrans-pacific-national-partnership/

The video:

Note that the timber (wrapped in white with blue lettering) will have started its journey in Perth, so it's possible some LAU containers also commenced there. If so, they are highly likely to be empty, as a lot more freight arrives in Perth from Melbourne and Sydney than departs the Western Australian capital eastbound.

Last edited by Hopeful9: 13/05/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LAU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
92.0¢
Change
0.020(2.22%)
Mkt cap ! $287.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
90.0¢ 92.0¢ 88.5¢ $663.7K 733.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 5392 90.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
92.0¢ 1260 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 20/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LAU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.