TAR 0.00% 0.7¢ taruga minerals limited

The comment you are referring to is 13th Jan 2022, not 2023....

1. 33 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6
    The comment you are referring to is 13th Jan 2022, not 2023. Quite a while ago now.

I remember this comment in last years annual report:

"Despite the significant growth that the company has experienced at a foundational level, I recognise that
    the past 12 months has not been without frustration resulting from challenges with land access, particularly
    regarding long wait times and uncertainty regarding regulatory decisions at our South Australian Flinders
    IOCG Project. Taruga have now been waiting 18 months to receive a decision on the Section 23 application
    under the Aboriginal Heritage Act 1988. We believe Flinders Project has the potential to deliver huge value
    for local communities and the State of South Australia. We are beyond grateful for the support we have
    received from members of the local Aboriginal community for the Flinders Project to go ahead.

Due to reasons outside of the control of the Adnyamathanha People and Taruga, Taruga have been unable
    to execute a Native Title Mining Agreement with the Adnyamathanha Traditional Lands Association (ATLA)
    due to ATLA being under special administration for the past 2 years. We continue to provide whatever
    support we can to assist ATLA in their transition out of special administration and we are confident that the
    matter should be resolved soon. Completion of an NTMA will allow access to approximately 40% of Taruga’s
    South Australian portfolio which sits within ATLA native title land."

ATLA is still under special administration. But their case in the Supreme Court vs Rangelea Holdings is coming to a close with judgement expected this month. So we'll see if hopefully there is some changes after this.... see below from Peter McQuoid who is the current special administrator:

Dear ATLA members, common law holders and other interested persons I have received an update from the SA Supreme Court that the Chief Justice is likely to deliver his judgment in the ATLA -v- Rangelea Holdings Pty Ltd case by mid-March 2023. Once the Court has delivered judgment, the Court may then adjourn for a period of a week or two to allow formal orders to give effect to the Court’s judgment to be prepared. The parties will then return to Court for those formal orders to be made. As a reminder, the orders that ATLA and the individual claimants have been seeking in this Court case are primarily as follows:to appoint an inspector to investigate the administration of the Adnyamathanha Master Trust; and for Rangelea to grant ATLA and the individual claimants access to the Adnyamathanha Master Trust’s records, including the Master List of Adnyamathanha Common Law Holders.I will keep you informed of the judgment as soon as it is known. Receiving the Court’s judgment will be an important step forward in resolving the issues between ATLA and Rangelea. However, depending on how the Court decides, it may still be some months before the royalty money can be distributed.

Interesting to note Stellar Minerals did gain an exploration lease from ATLA during this time, though it is for low impact exploration (non-ground disturbing) exploration activities. Anyways fingers crossed this is all sorted in the near future.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.7¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $4.942M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 476094 0.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.8¢ 1433085 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 14/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
0.7¢
  Change
0.000 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
0.7¢ 0.7¢ 0.7¢ 45000
Last updated 14.41pm 14/06/2024 ?
TAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.