ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 84 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 119
    In my opinion, the trade wars should not affect the value of PET (even though it clearly is affecting SP). Many people would think/ imagine that the trade wars will impact PET operations - to an extend yes, since the product is manufactured in China and USA is one of the hopeful larger markets. The other comment is that China government may tighten spendings - that is a very Western style 'democracy' way of thinking, where a government needs to be appearing to cut expenses and spendings are more transparent than in China. China government do not operate the same manner. My opinion is, as before, when they are committed they are committed, they do not go soft because of public pressure or change their long term infrastructure projects because of current economic sentiments.

The share prices are up and down, in Mr Newton's words - consolidate range, because not since the confirmed contract of Xingyun and surrounds announced earlier in July, there hadn't been any further confirmed contracts. There are talks of trials, there are talks of 'very large scale' work and a magnificent pipeline with no timeline, there are talks of good cash in bank/ debt free and a reasonable profit, but until there is a formal announcement of another large contract, I doubt the SP will change by much. As an analyst joked about this being 'expectation season', not 'earnings season' - even if PET had done well so far, everyone (me very much so) is still holding our breathe waiting for the formal announcement of a new, bigger, better, brighter PET contract before the SP can jump a notch. This can happen tomorrow or 3 months later. That's the terribly frustrating part.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PET (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.