SXE 1.61% $1.89 southern cross electrical engineering ltd

Ann: Half year results announcement, page-55

1. 1,227 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 246
    I am new to SXE but really like what I see. Like a lot of other similar businesses on ASX the price is a bit of a joke as people have bailed out quickly and tanked prices.

The current climate looks good for those $10 - $15m acquisitions which could give a good and quick return, but the other side of this coin is every business is in a bit of turmoil with loads of variables and no steady as she goes anywhere on the horizon. The other part of an acquisition is the fold in process which with staff being pressed at the moment due to COVID means things could easily go wrong. I would suggest carry on doing what they have been doing, sit on the cash-pile and if that great opportunity comes along then think long and hard first before committing.

I don't really see why they would do a share buy-back, they are not really in that sweet spot where it makes sense, plus who is going to ditch shares at these prices.

There was talk of NWH being a possible acquirer. I don't think they would necessarily be as the ones they have bought recently like RCR and the BCG bit have been at very cheap prices. SXE wouldn't go cheap. But there is a lot of talk about it being time for some new conglomerates being built and SXE would be an ideal solid place-holder for a PE fund to throw into a combined group. Civmec and others could find a new big boy hard to fight off in the contracting sphere.

On a final note, nice to see intelligent conversation on this thread...thanks.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SXE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.89
Change
0.030(1.61%)
Mkt cap ! $498.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.86 $1.90 $1.84 $589.4K 312.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 9342 $1.89

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.91 1725 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 17/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SXE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.