LAU 4.35% 88.0¢ lindsay australia limited

The Scott's Refrigerated Transport website has no mention of the...

1. 10,443 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1387
    The Scott's Refrigerated Transport website has no mention of the company being placed under administration and in receivership.

It also makes arguably false claims about Scott's being the "only truly dedicated national temperature controlled supply chain network":

https://www.scottsrl.com.au/about-us/

I'd have thought huge Linfox, WOW's PFD Food Services that the supermarket chain acquired and our own company LAU, plus BGA, would be among those who could state similar.

The large supermarkets may be giving financial assistance to Scott's while (hopefully from its point of view) a purchaser is found, perhaps at a knock-down price, but my uneducated guess is some smaller clients will be quickly migrating to competitors as they don't like uncertainty.

While we lack an update and it's vital LAU concentrates on growing its business prudently rather than giving us a 'newsletter' every week, it could well be that LAU is among logistics companies seen as an 'oasis of stability' and hence whatever occurs with Scott's, LAU stands to gain at least a little.

Scott's heavy vehicle drivers will also be nervous about their future so I wonder is LAU suddenly being (relatively speaking) swamped with enquiries or applications from prospective employees, thus making filling vacancies easier?

Exciting times in what some analysts no doubt historically thought was the boring space of road and rail freight.
    Last edited by Hopeful9: 02/03/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LAU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
88.0¢
Change
-0.040(4.35%)
Mkt cap ! $274.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
92.0¢ 92.0¢ 88.0¢ $472.7K 525.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 5257 88.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
89.5¢ 50000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LAU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.