LAU 4.35% 88.0¢ lindsay australia limited

Another article from 'The Australian' that will be in print on...

1. 10,443 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1387
    Another article from 'The Australian' that will be in print on Friday 3 March 2023:

"An acquisition of Scott’s Refrigerated Logistics by Toll Global could face scrutiny by the competition watchdog.

Indicative offers were due on Thursday for Scott’s, which fell into receivership, as KordaMentha, working as receiver, remains up against the clock to find a buyer.

Suggestions are that the company is running out of cash and may not to keep operating for much longer.

But one market expert believes that should Toll acquire the operation, it would create a highly concentrated market and could be a problem from an Australian Competition and Consumer Commission perspective when it comes to approving for the transaction.

Scott’s is the largest refrigerated trucking company in Australia with a fleet of about 500 trucks, and it is a direct supplier to Coles and Aldi and delivers on behalf of vendors to Metcash IGA stores.

Woolworths and Coles are being offered a funding lifeline for the business while a new buyer can be sought.

The three parties firming as the strongest contenders to buy the business are Toll Global, owned by Allegro Funds, Lindsay Australia transport and Linfox..."

Based on the above, LAU may well be the only one that would NOT face scrutiny from the ACCC. But nothing's done and dusted, and who knows, Toll Group (which is different from Team Global Express that I referred to above) or Linfox may sneak in and purchase.

Apologies for the confusion between parcels service Team Global Express (the Christine Holgate-run outfit) and Toll Global. It did my head in.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LAU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
88.0¢
Change
-0.040(4.35%)
Mkt cap ! $274.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
92.0¢ 92.0¢ 88.0¢ $472.7K 525.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 5257 88.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
89.5¢ 50000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LAU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.