SMR 0.00% $3.90 stanmore resources limited

Interesting article in today's Oz. States "The $2.6bn listed...

1. 452 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 107
    Interesting article in today's Oz. States "The $2.6bn listed Stanmore Coal is understood to have bid for Daunia, and is known to be relatively conservative when it comes to acquisitions." I read this as the price tendered is really low - need to improve.

Also notes that BHP wants to sell both Daunia and Blackwater. And that Whitehaven is favoured bidder.

The comment - "Suitors for BHP’s Daunia and Blackwater coal mines are being asked to firm up their financing plans for an acquisition of the assets, expected to be offloaded for between $US3bn and $US6bn ($4.64bn-9.29bn) in the coming weeks." - is interesting. I read this as cash preferred, we don't do vendor finance or earn-outs

And looks like a decision is only a few (3-4?) weeks away.

As per some of my earlier missives, Bridget Carter is generally pretty close to the mark on M&A so I generally accept at face value what is being leaked (I mean reported). Looks like SMR is remaining disciplined. But does raise the question, what are they going to do with all the cash they are piling up......

Best

BSP

GLTAH, BAC, NFA, DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SMR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.90
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $3.515B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.90 $3.98 $3.80 $8.522M 2.178M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 68234 $3.90

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.92 55985 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SMR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.