NST 0.35% $14.18 northern star resources ltd

Ann: Half Year Results Summary, page-19

1. F01
    2,776 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 125
    Yea, but Bob has friends like Black Rock, State street and UBS.

The Rock and State own 20% + of NST and are lending out their shares. UBS is (probably) shorting as this is their MO, and in the meantime have taken a substantial hold in SAR. UBS will use the new NST shares they get for holding SAR to close out their short positions. I highly doubt the shorters will have to buy on market to cover.

So despite the great results, I am expecting this to spike up initially and then get pushed down today. The SP will only rise once the new shares work their way through and shorters have covered, taking the downward pressure off. Once this does happen however, it should attain a more natural level (whatever that may be) and (probably) rise (hopefully) significantly from here.

That is my best guess because my crystal ball is broken. If I am wrong and it rises, well good because I already hold. If it doesn't rise, then I believe it adds weight to my hypothesis and I will add.

All guess work of course, and IMO. And always gamble responsibly. Good luck to all.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NST (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.