PPY 0.00% 1.2¢ papyrus australia limited

Ozwire I'd love to tell you that you are wrong but I can't. The...

1. 266 Posts.
    Ozwire I'd love to tell you that you are wrong but I can't. The concept and the story has always been great. Delivery, almost non existant. 5sqm of veneer per trunk is very optimistic. I have seen banana's growing in back yards and they mostly grow to about two metres in height and have cores no bigger than about 70mm. The outer material(which is most of the trunk by weight and volume can't be made into a veneer because it flakes away as it is leafy in structure). Some of PPY's pictures show this and it would be the reason why they want to make board from it. Diagram 3 on PPY's web page "why banana palm" shows clearly the the outer material cannot be used as a veneer. The core is claimed to give veneer that the market wants. Wood veneer according to veneer websites are sold in thicknesses of 0.6mm. To get a veneer that thick from banana core you would need to veneer at about 6mm as most of the core is water according to google searches. If the typical banana core is 70mm in diameter and you want to compete in the veneer market you would need to veneer at about 6mm to get a finished veneer at 0.6mm as most of the core is water. That would mean that the most you could get from a core 2 metres x 70mm is about 1.5sqm. I don't know how big the veneering machine is or how thick they cut at but it would need to handle a core of at least 2 metres to get the result I have calculated. I think from my calculations to get 9,000sqm over the last quarter would have to be a monumental effort and they would need to process about 70 trunks/day over 90 days to get that result. If, heaven forbid that I am only half right then $5.00/sqm selling price is way too low to make this process viable. Let's see what the next quarter brings and hope for a white rabbit being pulled from a hat. Which I might add is not the soundest way to base investment decisions.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PPY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.2¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $5.912M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 9998 1.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.5¢ 9998 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.06am 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PPY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.