ARP 0.65% $12.42 arb corporation limited

VS, Yes still holding ARP, my second biggest holding and a...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 474 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 110
    VS, Yes still holding ARP, my second biggest holding and a company I have invested in for over 10 years and know to be credible and well run. I've been waiting on the result to make a few comments.

RESULT SUMMARY
    * Shutdown of local car manufacturing to have no impact on ARP.
    * The directors guided for NPAT to fall up to 10%, and as per usual they were overly cautious and NPAT fell 3.6%.
    * Sales to original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM's) continued their slide, driven by mining slowdown.
    * Proposed FBT changes affected sentiment and had a slight impact on sales.
    * ARP continues to keep a tight reign on costs.
    * Dividend up from 12.5c to 13c. EPS fell 1c to 27.8c.
    * Cashflow was a little weaker than expected, but ok.

RISKS - IMO
    * Heightened political risks in Thailand where ARP have their Rayong plant.
    * Sales to OEM's is competitive and low margin. The Kilsyth plant in Victoria supplies OEM's and is not running at full capacity. There is a chance ARP may close this plant in the future and only manufacture in Thailand.
    * A strong $A impacts gross margins in Australia (probably moreso for ARP's competitors though).
    * I believe ARP underestimated the slowdown in the mining industry and the effect on sales is continuing to be felt.

POSITIVES - IMO
    * The slowdown in sales to OEM's and to the Australian aftermarket has caused management to refocus their attention on export sales ( new warehouses in Czech Republic and Florida).
    * Export sales to be boosted by the lower $A.
    * 2 new independent ARP stores to be established in 2H 2014.
    * ARP continue to invest heavily in R & D, to keep abreast of imitations from the competition (a constant threat).
    * The expanded facility in Rayong Thailand gives ARP the opportunity to increase production when needed.
    * Being a manufacturer and retailer means ARP has the flexibility to assess and respond quickly to consumer demand.
    * Honest, proactive, shareholder friendly and competent managers - a rarity these days among the ASX300!

Can't see a compelling reason to sell!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ARP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.