BLT 0.00% 2.6¢ benitec biopharma limited

They were never going to pursue this trial beyond Cohort 5. So...

1. 5,224 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    They were never going to pursue this trial beyond Cohort 5. So we have saved the cost of one Cohort. If Cohort 4 works then Cohort 5 is not required anyway and this can happen with a huge positive reaction instead of dropping 20 mil in market cap in an instant. All they had to do was wait for Cohort 4 results and it would have made no difference to their business plans if they canned TT-034 at that stage rather than now.

Does the company lack confidence in Cohort 4 results? If Cohort 4 doesn't work then TT-034 would be canned anyway and proceeding to HBV and other programs would be also be seriously questioned.

Today all they created was panic and demonstrated none of the patience they have been asking shareholders to exhibit. Was anyone here holding out for a HCV deal? I don't think so. I was only holding for efficacy to prove that what they have is extremely valuable and would make getting a partner quite simple.

Why they choose HCV in the first place was the mystery given the commercial landscape, but they did and we wanted results. Does today speed up HBV? No because they are already in the pre-clinical phase.

Given they are waiting for Cohort 4 results and other pre-clinical data anyway just what is the immediate benefit of what they did today?
    Last edited by Westhx: 26/02/16

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BLT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.