NOR 0.00% 4.9¢ norwood systems limited

I think the problem with Norwood is that the public don't think...

1. 4,401 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1874
    I think the problem with Norwood is that the public don't think the suite of apps are useful or any good.

WP and WM are poor cousins to WhatsApp, Messanger, Viber, WeChat, Line, Snapchat etc. The public don't want them and while the virtual phone number rental might be handy for some its competing with cheap roaming and overseas SIM purchases which include DATA (capitalised on purpose).

Data is really important and WP and WM need it to work (like all the competing apps). So Norwood created World WiFi which is not very original itself so competes with other apps as well as those individuals happy to hotspot search for free or McDonalds hop. The release on Android won't make much difference judging by uptake on iOS. There isn't much demand which will extrapolate into not much demand on android.

The loyalty deals haven't generated meaningful new customers and will continue not to do so. Waiting for android releases or updates won't make a jot of difference. The loyalty customers are the same public who can access the apps now but they aren't doing it.

I agree with dlb I think it was who commented (and was also mentioned in the half yearly) that the public and loyalty deals are a waste of time and resources. The apps have failed in the public sphere and there remains only the possibility of courting corporates and their employees. There might just be companies who are sensitive about their employees phone security over WiFi or who want to log and record their phone activity. So far Norwood have found one or two. Whether there are enough to generate the minimum $50m (maybe more judging by the pitiful gross margins achieved) of annual sales needed to run Norwood let alone a return on investment to 1 billion shareholders (plus the next CR) I don't know.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NOR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.9¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $23.20M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.0¢ 5.1¢ 4.9¢ $8.74K 178.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 70000 4.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.1¢ 99485 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.08pm 18/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NOR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.