SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

"For SGH to be taken private I believe AC et al. will offer a...

1. 720 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    "For SGH to be taken private I believe AC et al. will offer a premium to SP for ordinary SH vote OR get a court order for mandatory acquisition at fair value thereby owning 100% of company. SH will be paid at least fair market value at the time in any case."

Except it won't be fair. If real fair value is $15 or $20 they'll pay out much less than that even though $20 won't cover many people's losses.

They've already softened SH up by saying it's worth $1 or less. That would make $5 "fair value" ( ie 5c before they divided the number of shares by 100) look generous.

AC et al can let the company tick over at a low level then make a miraculous comeback after 100% shafting the SH.

If they had wanted to not totally screw the shareholders they would have diluted to 85% rather than 96% allowing us to exit with an ounce of grace. May they rot in a hot place. I'm not sure why they didn't just liquidate ...

Of course if they handed over $30 per share I'd be over the moon and I don't think anyone would complain.

If they do go for maximum SH destruction maybe the pollies should legislate to keep hedge funds out of the Australian share market.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.