WND 0.00% 99.5¢ windlab limited

Ann: Half Yearly Report and Accounts, page-4

1. 175 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 14
    Judging by today's share price movements (and the share price in general) I'm not convinced the market understands Windlab's business model (transitioning from a cashflow-lumpy developer to an owner/operator of high-quality wind resources). I think their ability to own equity in highly productive wind farms without (or with minimal) debt is a beautiful way to generate cash, without the risks of employing leverage (see: IFN).

Fortunately though we as shareholders don't need to worry about the current share price because I think the intrinsic value is well above today's price. Since the company's valuation is basically dependent on its pipeline of projects, a better way to frame its valuation is to ask: is there more chance than not of WND becoming at least twice as valuable within five years? If so, then you will earn a return of around 15% p.a. which is about the minimum I would want outside of holding an index fund. I am willing to bet WND will be worth at least $200M (before any dilution) by 2023, given the company's pipeline of globally competitive wind farms, their exceptionally clean balance sheet, low-risk business model, the cratering costs of wind turbines and access to highly liquid capital markets.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WND (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.