NCK 2.16% $16.57 nick scali limited

Ann: Half Yearly Report and Accounts, page-41

1. 566 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 105

Some helpful reminder quotes here.

“I don’t read analyst reports. All in all, I prefer to read “raw” financial reports and talk to industry representatives.” Warren Buffett

"A final irony of the bubble market appeared in a recent study by Risk Metrics of 89,000 stock reports issued at Wall Street's largest firms since September 1998. The study revealed that investors would have done better by ignoring analysts recommendations and buying those stocks that were least favoured. Stocks rated "hold" [Wall Street's polite code for "sell immediately" or, perhaps, more accurately, "we sold last week"] outperformed those with "strong buy” recommendations. In other words, the best strategy was to do the opposite of what highly paid stock gurus suggested." Leon Levy

“To gauge investor sentiment we use Wall Street research as a contrarian indicator, so we’re attracted to names where analyst ratings have turned broadly negative and sell ratings are in the majority” Peter Shawn

“You find that analysts and economists have big egos, which just gets in the way of making money because they can never admit that they are wrong” Michael Platt

“As for the equity research published by brokerage firms, I read little of it, and never rely on it” Guy Spier

“Bloomberg lists on a monthly basis the highest-ranked and lowest-ranked stocks by sell-side analysts. I look at the lowest ranked for buying opportunities and the highest-ranked for selling opportunities. “ Jon Jacobson,

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NCK (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.