ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 8 Posts.

Thanks for that info, I recall attending the YBR AGM a few years ago as I was considering purchasing some shares. The room was full of suits and there only appeared to be a few arms-length shareholders in attendance. I could not help wondering about the huge cost involved in having so many staff and advisers present at the meeting. One elderly shareholder raised several concerns about the company's performance and I was a little taken aback by the way he was treated and, in my opinion, the lack of respect shown to him. I’ve been to dozens of AGMs over the years but was also quite surprised when a YBR staff member (and presumably shareholder) leapt to his feet and defended how hard the Chairman was working, quoting occasions when he had received emails from the Chairman outside business hours. There was also, I seem to recall, some media (including a cameraman) waiting outside the AGM for an opportunity to raise some issues with YBR management. Anyway, an impasse seemed to develop after the meeting concluded, and the YBR management did not come out of the meeting room to meet with the media. Having said all that, I hope the company can recover and ease the pain of long-suffering shareholders. All of the above is of course in my opinion and to the best of my recollection, I did not proceed with my planned purchase of YBR shares at the time but may reconsider purchasing some shares if there is an improvement in outlook and strategic direction.

Last edited by Phantom1828: 12/03/19

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add YBR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.