OSL 0.00% 1.3¢ oncosil medical ltd

johncohen- I have a slightly different view. In my opinion- and...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 25 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 51
    johncohen- I have a slightly different view. In my opinion- and having spoken to people who know a lot about osl- the problem was osl totally underestimating (or ignorance of) the regulatory requirements and setting up the market in 2014/2015 to believe CE was a breeze and they were in fast track. Then they realised they’d got it wrong, need to do a trial as they didn’t have enough data for CE so off they went to do panco. For a trial of that type the time it took was actually probably about par so I don’t think they were dragging their feet at that stage because you can’t always predict patient recruitment into a trial. Then of course they spent another year having to reverse the CE rejection until finally scraping through last year . But you could also say the company as it existed before the last CEO (Kenny) spent 2 years doing nothing. Or the company in England that designed the original device started development then dropped it for some reason and that’s many many years ago. so it’s a troubled path. And yes in that time other treatments have evolved.

concerning RCT you’re right, I’ve looked at their announcements from last year and $7m raised was supposed to be for US trial. But there’s no design that I’ve seen. They also told market FDA approval for pancreatic cancer in 2022/23 but you can forget that. To meet that date in my opinion they’d have needed to start RCT by 2018. And that’s assuming a positive trial. “Breakthrough” designation otherwise means little. $7million won’t get them a RCT. Depending on patient numbers (I’ve heard 200 or more) I think they’d be looking at costs at least 5 X that amount, and that’s conservative. Could be 10x. . You could go back through their financials to see how much they spent on R&D with panco to help gauge the likely costs involved with larger trial.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OSL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.