3DP 0.00% 3.3¢ pointerra limited

Not so fast, letsee.Some general background on the SBIR/STTR...

1. 5,583 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2748
    Not so fast, letsee.

Some general background on the SBIR/STTR programs can be found here:

www.sbir.gov

There are three phases to the program.

Phase 1 are for amounts circa US$50k - US$250k
    Phase 2 are for amounts circa $US 750k - US$1.5 million
    Phase 3 are uncapped in dollar terms, and are colloquially known as the Unicorn Phase, due to the scarcity of award. So a Phase 3 could be 8 figures and above. I'd imagine this would be the equivalent of a civilian multi-year, organization-wide, Enterprise Deployment.

I wasn't at the AGM so don't know for sure what was said. In the longer term, while Pointerra may well have the good fortune to land a Phase 3, it seems inconceivable this would happen off the bat. We would have to go through the various phases, prove the platform does what is says in providing the solution to whatever problem the agency in question has, then apply for additional, larger grants from there. It's the same principal and strategy we employ in the commercial sector, where we have yet to land an Enterprise-wide deployment straight away.

Indeed it's exactly what's happening with Eversource Energy - otherwise known as land and expand. If the Eversource agreement, when finalized, is in the region of US$160k PM, and is a multi-year agreement, it could well end up being an eight figure amount. Same goes for PG&E and some of the other larger customers we are working with

But to suggest that each of the 25 current SBIR/STTR funding applications are worth in the vicinity of eight figures each remains to be seen.

Until then, a worthwhile discussion which made me dig a little deeper.

Thanks.

Last edited by writer: 11/03/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 3DP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.3¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $26.56M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 246331 3.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.2¢ 6000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 09.37am 27/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
3DP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.