BRI 0.00% $1.46 big river industries limited

Anyone who says they successfully pick the top or bottom of a...

1. 386 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 592
    Anyone who says they successfully pick the top or bottom of a share price decline or rise is either lucky or a liar!

I like to make an initial, moderate sized (for me) purchase of a new stock, then anticipate it will fall further. Every 5-7 or so percent I make another *small* purchase. I've been doing this for a while with a large cap mining stock. No big bets. If there's a big price jump at least I haven't fully missed the boat. If the situation gets worse I see it as a positive because I'm nowhere near my planned maximum portfolio weighting.

I took this picture a few months ago and have bought more since this year. It's not BRI....https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6007/6007522-d34048d221abb4a56ebb351fdf1b0b6c.jpg

I try to capture some of the price fall over a period of months. I was buying into REITs, healthcare and this particular mining company all last year on pullbacks

Obviously not financial advice. This is just what I do. It makes me feel more in control of the situation than I probably am!!! Not a recommendation to buy BRI either. It's about 0.8% of my portfolio and my average price is $2.31. I'm very close to buying another small parcel and getting my average price under $2.00 without being anywhere near overexposed. I was burnt in 2008 and am probably too cautious now for my own good.

Good luck mate

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRI (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.46
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $124.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 500 $1.47

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.47 4911 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.00am 15/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BRI (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.