HLF 0.00% 0.7¢ halo food co. limited

Everyone's investment thesis and timelines differ. But for me,...

1. 71 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 29
    Everyone's investment thesis and timelines differ. But for me, there's more con's than pro's here. HLF were on the verge of sustained profitability. As many have mentioned, HLF has a history of dressing up numbers, so while some of the numbers and claimed synergies for THM seem decent, it will really take some time to see if these hold true.

So even if this turns out to be a half decent acquisition, it pushes the timelines back for many SH's to start seeing profits/recover losses. And if the acquisition does not turn out to be positive, all holders are losing out even more.

Looking at THM, first and foremost it is a marketing company that also sells some F&B related products. Look at THM's shop in the US (https://www.thehealthymommy.com/shop/), they don't sell any food related items, just books and merchandise. THM can exist in the US without any F&B items, because it is not a F&B company. HLF is a F&B company, plain and simple.

I just see too much "other" parts of THM's business that is foreign/not aligned to the current HLF business. There's a strong risk that instead of synergies there are competing priorities within the business. It really just doesn't make enough sense to me. If they won a contract to start manufacturing the F&B lines for THM I would be happy. But an acquisition that comes with all the other fluff doesn't make sense to me. It's not in HLF's circle of competence.
    Last edited by JoeyJr: 15/02/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HLF (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.