ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 6,546 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1971
    I'm sure the company is going to lose some more investors in the short term as a result of this, but I think it is a slur on Chris Mackay to suggest he is a nobody.

Chris Mackay is the co-founder, not some newbie they just hired a few weeks ago.

As the announcement says, Chris was actually the CIO at inception from 2006-2012. Why don't you look at his record over his period as CIO and see how that compares to other fund managers?

As in all funds management businesses, key person risk is a huge concern, but being able to turn to a co-founder who actually led the company as CIO for half a decade and still manages money to step in while the current CIO takes a break is very fortunate. Not many funds management businesses would have that kind of depth.

In the short term, this is not great for the business, but in the long term, Hamish taking a break to sort his personal life and clear his mind is going to be better for Hamish and all investors in the long run. A marriage breakdown is tough for anyone to go through, and the media pile on doesn't make it any easier.
    Last edited by Sojourner: 07/02/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MFG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$10.75
Change
-0.040(0.37%)
Mkt cap ! $1.917B
Open High Low Value Volume
$10.73 $10.79 $10.61 $2.589M 241.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
24 2169 $10.74

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$10.75 1551 27
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.44pm 16/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MFG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.