MFG 1.20% $9.29 magellan financial group limited

Ann: Hamish Douglass - Medical Leave of Absence, page-80

1. 159 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9
    I'll be honest, I was like "geez, sounds like a great life - trading in the AM and then reading about gold all afternoon, he could do that from a windowless apartment in Docklands rather than in Thailand!" Glad to see it was an autocorrect error!

As for Hamish, I got out last year when he was on Arctic P with the Instagram "influencers". They're not on that boat for a chat and a couple of drinks, so I took it as a sign that his eyes aren't on the prize (well, not the prize I'm interested in him caring about anyway...). When you're told you're God for a number of years and you go from being a somewhat anonymous but quite wealthy money manager to a suddenly very famous and VERY wealthy money manager it must be very challenging to maintain the status quo when it comes to your home life. I can't really empathise with it, but I think we all know what it is like to have options and his number of options would've increased broadly in line with his net worth.

That said, I reckon it is way, way oversold and Mackay is a canny operator. He'll close ranks, get out amongst the mandate holders and give it a real crack. I'll still hold on to my MICH, but I must admit that even without debt I do have some concerns about the long term future of the wider Magellan business off the back of this.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MFG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$9.29
Change
0.110(1.20%)
Mkt cap ! $1.669B
Open High Low Value Volume
$9.25 $9.34 $9.21 $5.378M 578.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 2349 $9.29

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$9.32 1250 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MFG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.