MFG 3.80% $9.37 magellan financial group limited

When posting on HC we all understand no one can see the future,...

1. 1,727 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2052
    When posting on HC we all understand no one can see the future, good or bad.

Comments and posts refect only opinions and are diverse from buy buy buy for XYZ reasons to sell sell sell for the opposite reasons.

ln my own situation, l have chased this stock all the way down from $20 to what it is today. I knew l could not pick the bottom or foresee the chain of events that got the SP to where it is. That is life.

By using my own capital management strategies often implemented daily, my average cost is now around $12, after picking up some small parcels yesterday under $9 which l intend to sell into any rally 15% or higher.

This is a game plan l have used for a long long time and is not for the faint hearted or the novice or anyone with shallow pockets. Despite my best efforts l am down a long way and have invested a lot more than l intended to. Mea culpa.

Nevertheless, l am buying as a longer term accumulator expecting things to get worse before they get better for all fundies.

The PPT take over offer was a relief for me, but not a solution. I see a different outcome at PTM and MFG both of whom are currently being belted relentlessly. Berkshire Hathaway endured the same treatment in the 90s as l am sure seasoned investors know.

I admit to being surprised by the HD sale, and yet if l was in his shoes, l would do exactly the same. Life must go on after divorce and diversification of assets is smart though costly.

No one should be investing thinking this stock can defy the market rout or be heroically successful with stock picks. That is a fool's errand.

l accumulate a debt free, cash flow positive successful investment house because its success is cyclical. I will wait 3 to 5 years because that is how long l believe it will take to restore investor confidence and reshape the business on a lower FUM lower cost model.

My investments are very concentrated but also diversified. I don't need MFG to recover as other holdings have done that for me.

I want MFG to recover because l believe in intelligent people's ability to react and regroup from a mini disaster and build a better model for active funds management. I also believe in downward market cycles that last longer than most people expect until capitulation becomes inevitable. Much as l get the timing wrong, l nearly always capture cyclical troughs and ride those lovely waves all the way onto the beach. Multi baggers don't come easy or often and one must have the ability to swim in those waters. Drowning is also possible.

MFG and PTM are now the hunted not the hunters but they more than most know 12 to 24 months passes very quickly and sentiment can change.

GLTASH

This is not advice, it is only my own experience.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MFG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$9.37
Change
-0.370(3.80%)
Mkt cap ! $1.693B
Open High Low Value Volume
$9.63 $9.65 $9.24 $8.822M 940.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1971 $9.34

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$9.37 1488 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 27/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MFG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.