HAS 3.57% 27.0¢ hastings technology metals ltd

Hi bedger,Just checked the asic reporting and you appear to be...

1. 56 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 27
    Hi bedger,

Just checked the asic reporting and you appear to be right.

I was under the impression the latest documented series of shorts were by Mitsubishi UFG and Morgan Stanley Co in Feb 2024 (see announcement thread - https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/ann-becoming-a-substantial-holder-from-ms.7836778/ )

It seems these shorts haven't been reflected in ASIC reports - and more experienced posters here had inferred those were borrowed for shorts as MS are a long short fund and they were sold shortly after.

If those shorts weren't documented, then how do we know based on ASIC reporting that it's not currently being shorted?

Either way, I feel this stock may currently be manipulated and the market is being exceptionally cruel. ARU prospects are just as dire with a massive capex of $1.7b but they've maintained a ~450mc.

Admittedly their reserves have been proven for estimates up to 38 years where HAS is only at ~17 and their cost blow out are due to their plan for process plant from the start. However they're ultimately a good year behind HAS and facing similar market conditions.

Possible allocation of unplaced shares may be a notable factor. Another factor may be the feared dilution and capital raising required with the Wyloo loan ?

Someone here had mentioned that this could be paid back in share allocation - which would be devastating at current prices.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HAS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
27.0¢
Change
-0.010(3.57%)
Mkt cap ! $48.50M
Open High Low Value Volume
28.0¢ 28.0¢ 27.0¢ $88.13K 321.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 17861 27.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
27.5¢ 77138 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
HAS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.