HIO 3.70% 2.6¢ hawsons iron ltd

Ann: Hawsons secures A$ 200m equity funding package, page-236

1. 4,996 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5030
    "Once BFS is complete funding this project will be easy."

Sorry, but I hear this on so many resource junior threads I follow from arms' length. I by no means wish to imply you are not well read, but would suggest you try to cast the net very wide when looking at how many micro-cap resource players actually get to production (then check how big their capex was verses market cap). Everybody thinks they will be the next FMG, but there aren't many FMG stories going around. Funding is never easy - now that is a simple fact, not my opinion. In fact, the very announcement pinned to this thread is all the proof you need. I would also say, be cautious with how much weight you put by offtake agreements. Pretty much every one has "company X will need to be fully funded and get to production" as a condition precedent (logically). If the funding doesn't come through, the offtake is worthless. Yes, an offtake certainly provides some measure of comfort to a financier, but it is no guarantee. 14 offtake agreements is excellent - true. But offtake agreements and finance deals are chicken and egg situations. I do not mean this as a critique of HIO, just the misplaced theory that funding big capex projects is easy.
    Last edited by mondyinvest: 23/12/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HIO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.6¢
Change
-0.001(3.70%)
Mkt cap ! $26.42M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.7¢ 2.8¢ 2.6¢ $24.84K 927.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 185242 2.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.7¢ 1125000 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.59pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
HIO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.