CBZ 0.00% 5.2¢ cbio limited

Shaynolayno, I think you and matakus are pretty close to the...

1. 432 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 23
    Shaynolayno, I think you and matakus are pretty close to the mark. I was able to confirm the following with Melanie Farris (my wording, not hers):

"The ACR20 results were achieved over and above any existing Methotrexate treatment for rheumatoid arthritis. So 30% of the patients receiving the placebo, in addition to existing Methotrexate treatment, reported a 20% improvement as specified by the ACR20 standard, and 42% of the of the patients receiving the 75mg subcutaneous doses of XToll, in addition to existing Methotrexate treatment, reported a 20% improvement as specified by the ACR20 standard."

Given that patients can be on different Methotrexate treatment regimes, then my conclusion is that the focus of this trial was more about other issues like side affects and treatment method (subcutaneous) than on efficacy. However, we won't know for sure until we are advised by the company. So my plan is to sit tight until we get further explanation from the company on the significance of the results, and whether it's what the big pharamaceutical companies are looking for.

If CBio come out next week with a big offer from Novo Nordisk, or some other pharma, there could be a lot of investors with egg on their face. But that's just conjecture at the moment.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CBZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.