DEG 4.11% $1.14 de grey mining limited

Ann: Hemi scale grows with Aquila new extensions, page-22

1. 1,271 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 979
    An interesting recent article is well worth digesting for those with a deeper interest in the geology behind Hemi and Toweranna, and hopefully a few of the other regional targets like Scooby. I suspect it was this kind of work that first lit a few lightbulbs in the heads of geologists at DEG and DGO when they looked into the gold formation at the Toweranna deposit and realised the link between Toweranna gold emplacement and that in the WA's Eastern goldfields.
    https://www.dmp.wa.gov.au/Documents/Geological-Survey/GSWAOpenDay2019_Sanukitoid-Lamprophyres_GSWA-Smithies.pdf
    The talk shows how the sanukitoid granite intrusions (Mafic/Felsic) found by DEG in this region (and widely differing from the extensive Untramafic granites of the region (typical of Archean plate-like crusts) may have evolved in the Kalgoorlie region in WA. Given their formation appears to have been responsible for much of the gold emplacement in the eastern goldfields of WA (i.e. the mechanism by which they formed was one that significantly concentrates elements like gold), and that these systems can be quite extensive, this new form of gold deposit in the Pilbara is really pretty exciting, and suggests many of these intrusions will be highly enriched, and potentially at depth as well as via fractionation/concentration up into the shallower layers. I'm really looking forward to that deeper diamond drilling as it penetrates the more extensive intrusion body below Brolga/Crow/Aquilla as that may well contain a few pleasant surprises as well, in addition to re-writing the book on gold deposition in the Pilbara!
    Last edited by Fish3: 22/07/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DEG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.14
Change
0.045(4.11%)
Mkt cap ! $2.732B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.13 $1.15 $1.13 $4.272M 3.749M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 9142 $1.14

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.15 11394 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
DEG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.