S32 3.89% $2.94 south32 limited

Ann: Hermosa Project Non-Cash Impairment, page-69

1. 394 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 602
    I've noticed the buy backs have been getting bigger over the past couple of weeks. Nice. I like companies which shrink (or keep the same) the number of shares on issue year-after-year. I'm suspicious of companies which keep increasing the number of shares floating around.

I have no idea about technical analysis but I could imagine the share price dropping to a teasing $3.01 or $3.02, and hovering there for a few days, then after a bad night on Wall Street, it drops 5% and is suddenly straight into the $2.80s. Maybe I am over-thinking things.

I read in an article recently that share prices follow what happens in the US; whereas commodity prices follow what happens in China.

All the analysis in the world does not help if there's a couple of bad nights on Wall Street and the ASX is down 3% in two days. S32 shares would likely be punished. As I wrote yesterday, the only way I feel I can win is by ignoring the noise and use my cash reserves to buy in increasingly larger sized parcels if/when the share price hits lower price points. I'm happy to collect 5% on a term deposit in the short term, but sub-$3.00 S32 shares are a much better long term investment than a term deposit -- only in my opinion.

If something unexpected happened....like Biden suddenly taking sick, we'd drop like a stone, just like everything else. I remember what happened when President Trump contracted Covid and the market went crazy for a couple of days. I don't wish him ill, but that really would be a buying opportunity!

Anyway, I am always interested to see T.A. graphs. I know nothing about it and find it a totally different perspective of a company I am researching. Thanks for posting it.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add S32 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.94
Change
0.110(3.89%)
Mkt cap ! $13.31B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.85 $2.94 $2.84 $67.91M 23.45M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 859 $2.93

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.94 10000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
S32 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.