S32 0.00% $3.62 south32 limited

I've noticed the buy backs have been getting bigger over the...

1. 392 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 601
    I've noticed the buy backs have been getting bigger over the past couple of weeks. Nice. I like companies which shrink (or keep the same) the number of shares on issue year-after-year. I'm suspicious of companies which keep increasing the number of shares floating around.

I have no idea about technical analysis but I could imagine the share price dropping to a teasing $3.01 or $3.02, and hovering there for a few days, then after a bad night on Wall Street, it drops 5% and is suddenly straight into the $2.80s. Maybe I am over-thinking things.

I read in an article recently that share prices follow what happens in the US; whereas commodity prices follow what happens in China.

All the analysis in the world does not help if there's a couple of bad nights on Wall Street and the ASX is down 3% in two days. S32 shares would likely be punished. As I wrote yesterday, the only way I feel I can win is by ignoring the noise and use my cash reserves to buy in increasingly larger sized parcels if/when the share price hits lower price points. I'm happy to collect 5% on a term deposit in the short term, but sub-$3.00 S32 shares are a much better long term investment than a term deposit -- only in my opinion.

If something unexpected happened....like Biden suddenly taking sick, we'd drop like a stone, just like everything else. I remember what happened when President Trump contracted Covid and the market went crazy for a couple of days. I don't wish him ill, but that really would be a buying opportunity!

Anyway, I am always interested to see T.A. graphs. I know nothing about it and find it a totally different perspective of a company I am researching. Thanks for posting it.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add S32 (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.