IPD 4.76% 8.0¢ impedimed limited

Comrades,The market does not really care for these...

1. 109 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 167
    Comrades,

The market does not really care for these announcements. At the end of the day its just two papers giving their opinion on the technology of BIS to measure fluid in outpatients again - just fluff that I think we all largely know by now is going to be the case across many fields anyway. Look at the abstract of the first paper:

"Frequent monitoring of ECF using BIS Measurements, is a more sensitive method than weight to monitor fluid status in patients with heart failure and may help guide diuretic therapy after hospitalisations."

The global market for diuretics is less than 1 billion and it probably won't cross the billion mark for 2-3 years anyway. These two papers alone do not evolve the direction of SOZO and BIS in any way except in very limited HF settings. I see it as another, much smaller string to the bow that will inevitably form part of a much larger, more fleshed out product. It's another selling point for the company to create further trials and sell the machine. It would be interesting to know with the second abstract how many of the patients with readings above 51% could have been picked up in other ways/standard of care. The machine can be amazing at detecting problems, but if there are no solutions to the problems or forms of early treatment that can be administered our technology can only go so far (price wise).

I wish half of these recent announcements would have been announced after the results of the Prevent trial. Nevertheless, the wait for the big one continues.
    Much love,
    Roger.
    Last edited by RogerMooreish: 13/09/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IPD (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
8.0¢
Change
-0.004(4.76%)
Mkt cap ! $161.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
8.4¢ 8.4¢ 7.8¢ $377.9K 4.762M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 221536 7.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.1¢ 92693 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 01/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
7.9¢
  Change
-0.004 ( 5.95 %)
Open High Low Volume
8.1¢ 8.2¢ 7.8¢ 957832
Last updated 15.56pm 01/05/2024 ?
IPD (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.