NZC 0.00% 36.5¢ nzuri copper limited

Ann: High-Grade Cobalt Results, page-3

1. 1,962 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 735
    The obvious positive implication is as stated above, we know we had a copper pit at M2, now we have a cobalt pit in KSW, blend the two together.

The more interesting and in my opinion huge, huge news was this, thank you mama nature:

DKAL_126 was collared 200m north-east of DKAL_125 to test near-surface mineralisation. The hole intersected strongly faulted and weathered Mines Series rocks to a depth of about 150m, with indications of structurally controlled mineralisation. Between 192m and 210m down-hole, a 10m wide massive calcite-carrollite (CuCo2S4, Figure 6) vein was intersected which is the primary source mineral for cobalt mineralisation. The vein is hosted within a graphitic siltstone with stratiform chalcopyrite mineralisation. The core is currently being prepared for submission to the laboratory.

The calcite-carrollite intercept is potentially a significant discovery because it represents the source of oxidised material seen at surface and opens the opportunity for new exploration targeting which could include Cu-Co sulphide targets at depth. Similar features have been observed in core below the main Kalongwe deposit. The Company now plans to define the geometry of the vein while at the same time continuing to test the near-surface copper enrichment at Monwezi II in future drilling.

Lets unpack this:

1 - 10m wide massive calcite-carrollite vein (carrollite seems to be around 30-40% cobalt by mass, @africadale can you confirm with that formula). This is a cobalt sulphide mineral found in legendary mines like Kamoya (10.00 Mt @ 2.70% Cu, 0.45% Co),  Ruashi (43 Mt @ 2.97% Cu, 0.46% Co).

2 - They have observed similar features in core beneath the Kalongwe deposit.

3 - This opens the opportunity for new exploration targeting for sulphide targets at depth, i.e EM/IP.

With any luck they will not just follow it with drilling but roll out some geophysics pronto see if we have strong anomalies and therefore possibility for some large accumulations.

Location is also idea, I believe they can operate drilling equipment at Monwezi/Kalongwe for a reasonable portion of wet season as well.

There is no chance in hell Kalongwe is the only medium size heavily mineralised mine series fragment on the property, no chance.  Will get there.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NZC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.