MCT 0.00% 0.2¢ metalicity limited

This is the most annoying thing about dealing with old...

1. 4,848 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3875
    This is the most annoying thing about dealing with old exploration ground that hasn't been explored in a while, have a look at these results from the QDEX database, the Eastings and Northings look suspiciously like a Friday afternoon effort back in 1989 in a sleepy/dusty QLD Dept of Mines office.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4645/4645012-94f56d79dcc503bd6b1848e052051f6b.jpg

No way are those rock chip sample locations accurate, as no geologist would ever collect rock chip at locations like that, someone at the Dept of Mines has been too lazy/slack to scan in and digitize those sample locations accurately from the original ADG66 co-ords or the old report maps (might be off old airphoto points?), and another pet hate of mine is undocumented local grids pegged out in the middle of b*mf#@k no-where with incomplete historical reports. Nothing worse than high grade samples out there in the wilderness which aren't accurately located, may as well not have them in the database at all if they cannot be accurately located.

The end result is geologists and fieldies tramping around the bush for days on end trying to re-locate these sample locations through undergrowth and many flat tyres later, getting there eventually because at least these samples will be very obvious due to their malachite/azurite content. I know, I've been there myself in the past.

If anyone from MCT is reading this maybe get in touch with Terra Search in Townsville and see if they have more accurate historical data on their database, might be cheaper than a few new tyres and a few days wandering around the bush fruitlessly.

Thank god for modern GPS units and mapping software.
    Last edited by eastwest101: 02/09/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MCT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.2¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $8.972M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.3¢ 0.3¢ 0.2¢ $1.745K 747.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
26 34954025 0.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.3¢ 76343553 67
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.42pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MCT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.