LRV 0.00% 11.5¢ larvotto resources limited

Ann: High Grade Gold Results at Hillgrove, page-73

1. 1,220 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 637
    Yes, as you guys have outlined, there's so much going on at LRV, and we should get plenty of positive news over the next few months. Of all the projects and minerals which are in play here, the stibnite (or antimony) is the mineral which most interests me.

At last it looks like there's a growing awareness of the importance of stibnite/antimony, and the fact that the world is so reliant on China for their antimony supplies. Those supplies are already under threat, and could be turned off completely without warning.The military antimony useage alone is growing at a rapid rate, particularly for ballistics and munitions.

There has been speculation in the past about potential difficulties in processing stibnite alongside gold, but an experienced mining engineer whom I met a couple of years ago told me that in fact it is very likely that a processing plant would be able to handle both gold and stibnite with the addition of a simple flotation circuit to separate out the stibnite.

He suggested that I consider investing in companies with significant stibnite deposits, because of its scarcity in Western countries and the rapid growth in demand for antimony. He also said he would much rather find a good stibnite deposit than a good rare earths deposit because stibnite deposits really are rare, whereas rare earth deposits are far from rare, and in fact they are very common.

It appears that the rare earths market for many elements is already becoming oversupplied, hence the drop in prices, even before most of the numerous discoveries in Australia and overseas have been brought into production, but the demand for antimony is unlikely to be satisfied for many years to come.

LRV has not yet fully defined the size of their deposit, but I believe that they will benefit very significantly from this rare and much sought-after mineral - stibnite, or antimonlite as it is sometimes known, hence the elemental name antimony.

The company has a very significant gold deposit, which is no doubt the focus of many investors, but as the demand for antimony grows and as the value of the stibnite deposit increases, I think that LRV is going to attract a lot of interest from a wider range of investors. The sooner we start mining the better, although there is the consolation that the stibnite is probably going to increase in value while it's just sitting in the ground, and that goes for the gold too.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LRV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
11.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $35.41M
Open High Low Value Volume
12.0¢ 12.0¢ 11.5¢ $81.77K 686.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 337061 11.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
12.0¢ 95064 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 29/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LRV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.