FFX 0.00% 20.0¢ firefinch limited

Ann: High Grade Gold Results from the Morila Super Pit, page-59

1. 6,778 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4267
    @manny100 absolutely correct .........

Reading through annual and production reports, it was quite clear that Barrick/Randgold were in the process of closing down the Morilla mine, it was no secret and in fact it was originally mentioned circa 2015/2016 (from memory it was during the slump in gold prices?) and originally slated for the end 2019 but moved out to 2021, it only had a short term extension period on it as they entered into a tolling agreement with MLL. IMO, I think that Randgold were only half arsed when the mined N'tola and Viper as our drilling has since discovered & they only processed enough to aid in running the tilings out - plus it was a good deal for them.
    It was abundantly clear, after the Barrick/Randgold merger that the size and scope of Morilla's operations did not meet their investment/return strategies and they were diversifying the smaller operations.

Of note: Barrick didn't own the tenements around Morilla, but we all know someone that does, and they simply sold as it didn't met their Tier 1 criteria of
    500,000 ounce p/a and a 10 year life of mine.

Quote "Willem Jacobs, Barrick’s chief operating officer for Africa and the Middle East, said the proposed acquisition by Mali Lithium Limited offered an opportunity for a new owner to extend the life of the mine by utilising the existing infrastructure, applying different planning and evaluation criteria, and accessing additional satellite resources which would continue to benefit Morila’s in-country stakeholders.
    https://www.investorx.ca/doc/2008310507105044cheers

List of things to post about biggrin.png
    (1) Drilling results that were supposed to be announced in January - todays announcement saved me the bother eek.png
    (2) Why the communications with shareholders has petered out, and shareholders/investors getting news from twitter / social media outlets before the company can be bothered posting to the website? - latest being Anderson's interview and further delays
    (3) Hold up in the transferring the licence
    (4) things that are trivial but annoying
    (5) cost of mining
    (6) why Barrick sold

Last edited by fooca: 22/02/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FFX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.