FFM 6.82% 94.0¢ firefly metals ltd

Ann: High-Grade Inferred Gold Resource Grows to 2.8Moz at 7.2g/t, page-33

1. 3,786 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1098
    Everyone needs to take Inferred resource as "tentative". I am giving the following ratio without checking my sources but, if I recall correctly, as a rule of thumb, Inferred typically converts into 40% of Measured.
    I cannot say why AUT are not yet trying to classify resources as Indicated, but we all know that closer spaced drilling is needed to establish Indicated and my guess is that they want to establish the overall size of the deposit before tapping the markets to fund more intensive drilling. They are obviously not in a hurry to start mining and so, if you are an investor, this is a a long term prospect.
    I agree, that there has been a fair bit of hype from the company, especially in the early days, but the knock back in the SP since then will, hopefully, have taught them a lesson.
    Every dog has its day as the saying goes, and AUT is building up the picture of a sizeable deposit.

Even though Inferred status has a high degree of uncertainty, under the JORC code it nevertheless imposes rigour from a qualified geologist in order to meet that assessment. Which means that we are not at the mercy of unscrupulous liars standing at the top of the drill holes (to paraphrase MarkTwain).

Ditto for the reported grades which are proven by independent assay laboratories as high and hence significant, even if there is still a long way to go before AUT can enter production.

My personal approach is to start small with something that I think shows promise but to increase commitment if it develops positively. In this case, I have waited 3 years before placing an order to buy more. Maybe it will pay off, maybe not, and so I also spread my risk across a good number of explorers.

Best wishes to all investors.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FFM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
94.0¢
Change
0.060(6.82%)
Mkt cap ! $451.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
90.0¢ 94.5¢ 90.0¢ $1.530M 1.668M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 26754 93.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
94.0¢ 825 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FFM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.