CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 806 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 129
    Yes - that is correct - however you must take into account:

1) That was 17,000 gT over approx a (I think) 15 cm width.

2) MS is a known narrow vein "nuggety" deposit so hitting a rich vein with 100's gT is quite possible, but generally over a smaller width with obviously host rock either side.

The important thing to look at is what overall grams of gold can be recovered per tonnage.

Following a rich vein and mining that is all well and good, but I would assume a very laborious and expensive exercise considering the man power involved and haulage to surface, etc. Yes you are mining high grades but in narrow veins meaning reduced tonnage.

This was the approach of the old timers "hand picking" the seams for the best gold, but not I would think the approach for an ongoing commercial mining operation.

On the other hand, mining a larger area hosted with numerous gold bearing veins but also including the host rock increases tonnage but also with less gold in it. This can be mechanised, but if the overall gT go under a certain point eg 10-20 gT let's say, it could be an unprofitable exercise.

We all know the gold is there, but obviously the consideration is can it be mined and processed in a way that creates a profitable mining operation over the next x years with decent tonnage/output that will see MNM valued at a multi-hundred million dollar MC.

At current $10 mill MC, the market currently doesn't see that value...

...only time will tell...

...it always does.

Cheers The K

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AUL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.