AZS 0.00% $3.69 azure minerals limited

Concentrate that is 75% pure spodumene sells for around...

1. 54 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 12

Concentrate that is 75% pure spodumene sells for around US$5400/tonne. Pure spodumene contains 8.03% LiO2, no more. So, if a sample returns an assay of 1.2% LiO2 it should contain 15% spodumene. If a concentrate of 75% spodumene sells for US$5400/tonne that means that a body of 15% spodumene could be worth US$1080 per tonne if the spodumene can be concentrated to 75% (that would be 6% LiO2). Making a product like lithium carbonate or lithium hydroxide that battery makers need takes a lot of processing, so I reckon that any spodumene mine at Andover would just produce a spodumene concentrate for sale, just like a how a zinc mine produces concentrate for sale.

The LiO2 percentages that have been reported from surface samples at Andover are select samples, and until some consecutive channel samples of say 5m long with +1% LiO2 are reported from across a pegmatite body that is say 50 metres wide, the SP is not going much higher IMO. The importance of the LiO2 in ANDD0199 depends on the true thickness of the intercept of course, but it sure is encouraging. Since ANDD0198 drilled through 200m of pegmatite with a maximum of 0.13% LiO2 over a short interval it let the air of the hit in ANDD0199.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AZS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.