DEG 4.34% $1.14 de grey mining limited

Ann: High Grade Lithium on new King Col Pegmatite Trend-DEG.AX, page-47

1. 1,345 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    Just another follow up to the seemingly large number of inexperienced speculators here....

The ASX decides if an announcement to the market by a company is price sensitive, or requires a trading halt.

Companies can request these but ultimately the ASX has the final say. With spec companies, the ASX pays a close watch to each announcement and will usually tell the company what to do.
    For example with another company i used to hold, they would ask the ASX what they should do with news, and the ASX would instruct them before they 'officially' applied to the ASX to release the news - this speeds up the process of getting news to market.

In terms of why a TH was used here, one theory of mine is that DEG are hinting at something much larger, perhaps significantly expanding their gold play to really include lithium....the ASX would be aware of other company related information in the background and would take that into account (even if it isn't publicly known, which as I mentioned before, has happened to companies i've been involved with in the past!)

Perhaps there is more to the story then meets the eye, but ultimately if you're upset about how a TH was used to deliver this news, then read up on the ASX conditions that must be met when placing equities into a TH.

Good close yesterday, but ultimately its back to the waiting game.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DEG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.14
Change
0.048(4.34%)
Mkt cap ! $2.726B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.13 $1.15 $1.13 $1.149M 1.012M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
30 95805 $1.14

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.15 26276 19
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.45am 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
DEG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.