MGX 3.51% 29.5¢ mount gibson iron limited

Ann: High Grade Ore Sales Commenced from Koolan Island, page-122

1. 681 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 126
    “I will tell you my secret if you wish. It is this: I never buy at the bottom and I always sell too soon.” – Baron Rothschild

Agree Berger ...taking profits doesn't hurt at all when it suits your own aims. As I wrote about above I was happy to sell our 60K MGX holdings once we had surpassed the price I'd had in mind for a long time. Not only did we pass our break even we made a tidy profit and it suited us to factor in the resulting capital gains this financial year.
    Now, after the recent slight retrace, we've bought back in currently holding 20K. I also have a new target in mind for this new parcel as well as a falling sell in place. I'm also very interested to see what develops for MGX's future plans post Koolan ...am happy to stay along for the ride as we have for many years with MGX.
    My own thinking is flexible as it just depends on what's happening now and in the future however I always keep in mind protecting our capital wink.png As with anyone we have our own aims with any share holding be it what we consider a spec or divvie, growth or income producing, and the different aims can mean different strategies for each holding.

I'd also add that taking a loss sometimes can also be beneficial if you need to offset a gain ...IMHO
    Last edited by Nydem: 30/05/19

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MGX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
29.5¢
Change
0.010(3.51%)
Mkt cap ! $359.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
28.5¢ 29.5¢ 28.5¢ $637.1K 2.210M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 100000 29.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
29.5¢ 275537 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MGX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.