MGX 3.51% 29.5¢ mount gibson iron limited

Ann: High Grade Ore Sales Commenced from Koolan Island, page-68

1. 15,604 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5692
    Not looking good for another dam of Vale's .... at least they have evacuated people and have safety protocols in place in case this one does give way.

Compliments of @defabs

This is further to news yesterday about potential movement of dam structure belonging to Vale.

https://www.defatoonline.com.br/est...de-cocais-se-movimenta-4-centimetros-por-dia/

MINING
    Structure in the Gongo Soco mine, in Barão de Cocais, moves 4 cm per day
    The Gongo Soco mine belongs to the Mariana-Brucutu complex. The operation has been extinguished since 2016

Published 05/15/2019 - 06:55 PM

The movement on the northern slope of the Gongo Soco Mine, in Barão de Cocais, has caused seizure in the local population. According to the Civil Defense of Minas Gerais, one of the steps of the wall of the mine has moved about four centimeters per day. The situation requires constant care and maintenance of alertness. In addition to increasing the possibility of dam rupture, once the structure is at maximum alert level.

"The Gongo Soco dam, South Upper, continues at level 3. The news presented was about the slope of this pit, which is the modeling of the tillage that was removed. Then, this slope is being monitored and a deformation of approximately four centimeters has been noticed. This deformation can cause the breakup, "said the deputy coordinator of the State Civil Defense, Lieutenant Colonel Flávio Godinho, during a press conference in Itabira on the morning of Wednesday, May 15.

In Itabira, Flávio Godinho did not confirm if the slope movement is daily. However, in an interview with Globo Minas, another member of the State Civil Defense, Lieutenant Flávio Coelho Fagundes, said the structure "is moving around four centimeters a day" since Vale identified the anomaly.

Flávio Godinho stated that if there is a breach of the slope the drive will be straight into the pit. "Does this imply any breach of dam? At first no, but it can, yes, through a vibration, a small seismic shake, make the South Upper dam, which is a mile and a half away can be a trigger and it can have that break "He explained. On Tuesday night (14), a meeting was held between State Civil Defense, Municipal Civil Defense, Military Police, Fire Brigade and community to deal with the matter.

In a statement, Vale said it is evaluating possible impacts on the South Upper dam, about 1.5km from the slope area. "The competent authorities were also involved in assessing the situation and, if necessary, defining the preventive measures to be taken. The pit and the dam are monitored 24 hours a day, "says the miner.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MGX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
29.5¢
Change
0.010(3.51%)
Mkt cap ! $359.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
28.5¢ 29.5¢ 28.5¢ $637.1K 2.210M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 100000 29.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
29.5¢ 275537 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MGX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.