OGX 0.00% 0.3¢ orinoco gold limited

Interesting results for sure. You don’t need much 10 oz/tonne...

1. 2,527 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 114
    Interesting results for sure. You don’t need much 10 oz/tonne (300 g/t) dirt to produce a lot of gold.

That being said it would be good to see some detail on sampling technique compared to samples in other areas.

These are 10kg samples - previous ones were 20kg as far as I can see. The sample length along the vein they haven’t specified - previously I think they said 2m - they took 28 over 40m here so I’m assuming quite a bit shorter. The reason this is an issue is if they weren’t taken truly randomly and have smaller quantities over smaller lengths it would be very easy to end up with highly skewed results in a nuggety system.

The other factor here is these are narrow vein samples - there is no picture as to what this would translate to after mining dilution - but the dilution will be very high.

Who knows - it could still translate to 1 oz/t (31 g/t dirt going through the mill for parcels from this area, or it could translate to 5 g/t parcels - it’s anyones guess without some proper metrics around the sampling technique.

Which leads to the point that after several years of opening this up there’s still no concrete information on grade and volume.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OGX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.