MHC 25.0% 0.2¢ manhattan corporation limited

Generally speaking I agree, particularly the ‘grades are good...

1. 389 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1234
    Generally speaking I agree, particularly the ‘grades are good but aren’t outstanding’
    But to me the first thing with LCT-Pegmatites is ensuring that you are at least within the approximate grade range (i.e. that grade is at least good) and then its primarily a tonnage question (along with all the other modifying factors mineralogy, location etc) …obviously in MHC’s case that also includes locating a bedrock source to start with.
    But just considering grade alone at this stage, it’s important to keep in mind that the Li grade of LCT-Pegmatites globally has a relatively narrow range (at least the ones that are dominated by spodumene as the primary ore mineral). This comes down to the formation processes overall being relatively similar and that pure end member spodumene can only hold ~8wt% Li2O…so bulk grade of LCT pegmatites tend to occupy a narrow grade space (relatively speaking).
    Within any LCT pegmatite there will be internal variations that lead to zones of lower or higher Li grade, either through changes in spodumene abundance, variation in spodumene Li-content, or addition of other Li-bearing minerals etc. So it’s not uncommon to get zones of ‘outstanding’ grade, but they almost always average out….the obvious exception being Greenbushes.
    Even in the current field of more recent LCT-pegmatite discoveries that are yet to have published MRE’s I don't see any that bulk out to 2-3% Li2O overall.

So going back to today’s announcement, the important aspect isn’t the two samples of >2% Li2O samples in isolation, it’s that the average grade of the 9 samples is 1.7% Li2O, which puts the bulk grade firmly in the right ballpark (again keeping boulder sampling bias in mind):

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5396/5396692-7e0f0c84898977ea3f2f4a880b63c5de.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MHC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.2¢
Change
-0.001(25.0%)
Mkt cap ! $4.405M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.2¢ 0.2¢ 0.2¢ $6K 4.000M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
55 123036363 0.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.2¢ 16608898 18
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.00pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MHC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.