SGQ 1.96% 2.6¢ st george mining limited

Greetings @ozblue,I hear and agree with all you have mentioned...

1. 1,195 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1035
    Greetings @ozblue,

I hear and agree with all you have mentioned in your missive. Over the past five years, many very savvy posters like you have written on deep exploration with examples and sketches based on geological/geophysical theories with sketches where the elephants might be. SGQ of course did not have deep data and decided for commercial reasons to focus on the shallow anomalies which were identified using the shallow limit electrical surveys.

The philosophy as you know was to quickly prove sufficient ore that will give the company a cashflow quickly, they also got sweet with the very high values they intersected in many of the single point penetrations within these shallow anomalies, (within 30 m. from surface). Last year's MT/AMT survey read the deeps and the results suggested that a few deep probes might be warranted. However, your suggestion of drilling below the limits of the detected anomalies in the deeps, whilst I agree with you, is tantamount to blind probing and an idea that John Prineas does not entertain as we had suggested the idea numerous times before.

The anomalies that are now being tested at depth, although regarded as strong, do not appear to have any serious dimension to them unless they are expressions of the tops of mineralised lenses/ bodies that are encased as dipping mineralised components down plunge within the hosting lithologies of the intrusives detected by the deep vision survey. I'm sure you have visualised all this being a student of the discipline.

Have SGQ jumped from idea to idea without fully exhausting all features of particular exploration plans? you are 100% correct in suggesting that. Is it bad or good practice to do that? only management can answer that in time. I'm sure they have regrets for not doing certain things as I'm sure wrong decisions will be made in the future and will be obvious in retrospect.

I thank you ozblue for your excellent input in the SGQ forum, it is always good to read you.

Cheers,
    Helmenesh.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGQ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.6¢
Change
0.001(1.96%)
Mkt cap ! $25.70M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.5¢ 2.6¢ 2.5¢ $10.71K 418.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 512593 2.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.6¢ 104170 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.49am 01/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SGQ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.