GAL 0.00% 18.0¢ galileo mining ltd

I had a bit more a think about what GAL announced yesterday and...

1. 9,951 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3715
    I had a bit more a think about what GAL announced yesterday and in general (as a hobby geo).

I think GAL are saying that they haven’t had any misses (or rabbit droppings) yet in the initial follow up drilling at Callisto. Hence, the limits of the mineralisation have not yet been found, meaning that it is still "open in all directions".

To me this also implies, even though they haven’t actually said so yet, that the holes completed so far to the north of the currently reported line (ie. section 6,448,000mN) and the holes a further 50-60m north of that line, have also intersected sulphide mineralisation.

It also implies that all holes drilled on both the eastern and western ends of the most northerly drill section/line have also intersected sulphide mineralisation.

They haven’t said what was intersected right at the end of holes NRC279 and NRC280 in the south. Those holes, and NRC278, are to be completed with a diamond tail in August.

The last 3 metres of NRC278 (and 14m further up) were mineralised. That hole, and the adjacent hole NRC279, are about 25m south of the discovery hole line, or about 15m south of section line 6,448,000mN. Given that they have said in the drill logs for NRC278 that 2 intervals contain disseminated sulphides, that hole (which is about 25m south) appears to have also been successful in finding decent mineralisation. This is good for the ground/extensions/prospects further south, which of course includes the CNJ/GSR Mt. Thirsty MTJV tenement number R63/4.

The bottom of the last 3 reported holes is a bit of a mystery, especially 279 & 280. They may not have completed the drill log summaries for those last 2 holes. More info to come I think. The diamond tails for those 3 holes will likely go a fair bit deeper, and could also be designed to test the depth/extent of any mineralisation that may be underneath the already drilled RC holes.

At this early stage, GAL appear to have mainly been interested in tracking how far east the mineralisation goes in the current (discovery drill hole) area. Once they know that, they will probably drill further to the north to see just how far north it goes (with > 5km potential strike length to the north).

I would appreciate your thoughts (and from other forum members) whether my above summation is plausible.

Thanks and cheers.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GAL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
18.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $35.57M
Open High Low Value Volume
18.0¢ 18.0¢ 18.0¢ $16 88

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 114313 18.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
19.0¢ 98105 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.04am 29/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
GAL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.