LPD 20.0% 0.2¢ lepidico ltd

On this point I first ask what are the qualities of hydrogen?...

1. 763 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 439
    On this point I first ask what are the qualities of hydrogen?

Hydrogen is the smallest chemical elementbecause it consists of only one proton in its nucleus, It is the lightest element and highly volatile:
    It will explode at concentrations ranging from4-75 percent by volume in the presence of sunlight, a flame, or a spark.
    It’s not found in the earth’s atmosphere due toits lightness it needs to bond with other elements eg water or carbons (as inhydrocarbons—isn’t
    that what we are trying move away from?), it has a densityof 0.08988 g/L, making it less dense than air.
    When you 'burn' hydrogen it becomes oxidation and forms H2O, obviously a harmless bi-product. And hydrogen is the most abundant element in the universe, so why don’t we use it for fuel? This is the argument for hydrogen power. The problem is that, true as those things may be, at present the primary source of hydrogen gas is from mining bi-products. Obviously that kind of kills any green argument when the alternative is renewable energy.

To break the natural bonds tying hydrogen to its partner, no matter whether its water or hydrocarbon requires the generation of electricity, so why not just use that power in the process of powering whatever it is you wish to drive. It's defeating the purpose to step it out to a third level, that's my way of thinking.

Next, the gas is transported by trucks andhas to be stored at gas stations etc, whereas electric overcomes these issues,with the ability to 'refuel' at home, and with the ability to generate powerlocally without logistical costs and emissions. No, I do not see it as a realistic alternative, but who knows for certain,

Cheers
    NPJ

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LPD (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.