STX 2.27% 21.5¢ strike energy limited

respectfully disagree with you. the $/GJ numbers you talk about....

1. 3,079 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5867
    great post again Brobel.

Heres a snippet from the spin doctors on the mitsui/MIN talks...
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6459/6459504-304d56aad88084130502ce7861c394a6.jpg
    Notice how they slip in the bit about the $500M STX and Hancock...paid content maybe?

respectfully disagree with you.

the $/GJ numbers you talk about. If it costs me $2 and im selling it for $10...thats a 5 x mark up. If im selling it for $20/GJ thts 10x. Id be careful about hinging my valuation on a $GJ metric and using past transactions as a rule of thumb.

Heres another way to look at this stuff.
    • Mitsui paid $1/GJ when the gas price was $3-4/GJ.
    • The differential reflected risk; capex; opex and their profit margin. i.e they wanted $2-3/GJ to cover these elements.
    • Lets say the gas price is $10/GJ, assume risk, capex, opex and profit margin dont change...they can pay $7 and $8/GJ...because it still leaves them with $2-3/GJ to cover the risk, capex, opex and profit. Im not taking into account ROI.
    • Lets say the gas price is $20/GJ. You can do the maths.

The point i am trying to illustrate here is the use of the $/GJ number for across the board enterprise valuation is a bullshit number in reality. It favours the low ballers, and it is easy to pull the wool over peoples (retail shareholders and dumbo fund managers) eyes.

MIN/Lockyer.

When they drilled LD-2, NWE management came out and sad oh theres only 200PJs in the Lockyer/Nth Eregulla field. They said nothing about the oil. Now MIN are throwing around 500PJs, plus a ton of oil. And thats just Lockyer/Nth Eregulla. We will only find out the truth when the export licenses are cemented and a bit of water is under the bridge. Theres also a shit load of prospective gas in the other leads/prospects - a few of which are covered by 3D seismic. So if MIN sells anything to Mitsui, my view is - more likely to be a GSA for export gas. MIN will keep the assets and all the upside that goes with them...theyre not dumbasses.
    Last edited by alexei ii: 14/09/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
21.5¢
Change
-0.005(2.27%)
Mkt cap ! $616.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
22.0¢ 22.5¢ 21.0¢ $4.542M 20.80M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 343465 21.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
22.0¢ 563407 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 27/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
STX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.