STX 2.27% 21.5¢ strike energy limited

Ann: Highly significant gas discoveries at Erregulla Deep-1, page-844

1. 200 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 72
    SE, I too am an optimist, yet I don't quite see the outcome as a showbag full of......dog..what the? Who makes those showbags? And who forces who to fill such showbags? We need workplace protections here else we'll end up enduring even more J L types.

Obviously we've all got out subjective biases, but I see the announcement as a good thing. A good compromise. So much has been made of east coast shortages, and there are so many extinction rebellion types super gluing themselves to freeway ramps bemoaning the lack of government revenue from these exports, that Cook and co had little wiggle room, imo.

Assuming this sees the light of day...and it seems a fait accompli given the 'bi-partisan' support (for what that's worth with such a presently enfeebled opposition)....we've got two numbers at play.

20 and 5. I think the 20 is a sensible balance, enough to appease industry without revivifying the extinction arts degree Palestinian protesting cause du jour types into shutting down public transport. Surely Strike can work with this number, and I doubt we could have got more.

The 5 is of less concern. It's not only an appropriate interval for reassessing a landscape that may change massively in the interim, it's also the sweet spot for kicking the can down the road. I've been spending the past several months working with CIs and Comms trying to shape Leg and Reg changes across mining, petroleum and gas and explosives up in Qld and, as to be expected, the process takes much, much longer than it ought. Which is why I'm confident that when the time comes, less effort will be spent on reappraising the 20,.than it will be on getting the 5 rolled over. For a further 5 or 10.

its up to strike and others to make this work for them, and to demonstrate to stakeholders that it's a prudent solution.

so let's get back to our optimism. And if you're in WA, I hear there's a public holiday on the Monday. Best to avoid any shows....J Ls innards will have been working overtime on that production line.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
21.5¢
Change
-0.005(2.27%)
Mkt cap ! $616.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
22.0¢ 22.5¢ 21.0¢ $4.542M 20.80M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 343465 21.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
22.0¢ 563407 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 27/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
STX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.