ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 2,580 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1134
    Careful what you dig up on the internet.

That article is from 2007 and whilst it clearly shows elevated levels of antimony and arsenic in some aspects, there's some holes in this research. In part, look at the sample numbers they use - so small. Other articles on the matter will call out that the spread of Sb / As outside mine sites is so hard to predict - and so this paper also fails in that it didn't take multiple samples from multiple sites.

This is the interesting bit though

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6416/6416111-d17a7130d328bf627e69045c973db3ab.jpg

What it's saying is that it's also proven that natural leaching occurs - and this paper doesn't put any suggestion towards the level of natural leach vs mine leach vs longevity of the impacts of poor management from mining over 50 years ago.

Ultimately every single mine will impact the environment, and I for one care deeply about the environment, but balance that with the fact that everything we consume ultimately needs digging up - so long as it can be done responsively.

I'll not discount the impact of Hilgrove in the past, but I would point out that the future impacts with modern day ESG regulations and mining techniques are likely to be vastly improved to the past. I would also point out that you can always find a negative story if you look for it... but every fact needs checking, and that single paper referenced above is but 1 opinion with no definitive or dependable outcome

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LRV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
34.0¢
Change
-0.030(8.11%)
Mkt cap ! $105.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
37.5¢ 37.5¢ 34.0¢ $1.125M 3.197M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 36424 34.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
35.0¢ 21902 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LRV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.